Impact Frontiers, a learning and market-building collaboration for investors seeking to manage their social and environmental impacts, has been awarded a grant by the Tipping Point Fund on Impact Investing to launch a new project on impact management for social equity in 2024.
Over the next year, Impact Frontiers will be collaborating with the following expert partners to build consensus on impact management practices to advance social equity:
CEO and Co-founder of Value for Women
Founder, President and CEO of CapEQ
Specifically, the project will synthesize knowledge across the domains of racial equity, gender equity, and data equityalongside Impact Frontiers’ disciplinary grounding in impact management to advance social equity through the following two workstreams:
- Raising the social equity “floor”: After conducting a social equity audit of the Norms of impact management with expert partners, the project will propose updates to ensure that any investor referring to these Norms will approach impact management with a baseline level of social equity awareness and competency. We will solicit practitioner feedback on the proposed updates through a process of public consultation before updating the content of the Norms.
- Raising the social equity “ceiling”: We are exploring emerging impact management practices for practitioners who are currently allocating capital to achieve social equity outcomes (or are interested in doing so). Based on this research, we will develop guidance on implementing expert-informed, consensus-based practices of impact management.
We look forward to digging into this topic with our practitioner community and invite you to share any relevant ideas, challenges, and learnings. We are interested in hearing your thoughts on any aspect of this initiative, including the following questions:
- What social equity “blind spots” in organizational and investment impact management processes pose the risk of investors unintentionally perpetuating inequities?
- For investors currently engaged in efforts to advance social equity through their investments, what challenges have you encountered in impact management?
- What existing resources have you found particularly useful to advance impact management practices for social equity? What new resources (if any) do you think are needed?
Please join the conversation here or contact us directly at email@example.com
About the Tipping Point Fund on Impact Investing
Launched in late 2019, the Tipping Point Fund on Impact Investing (TPF) is a donor collaborative developed to create and support public goods critical to the continued growth and fidelity of the impact investing market. The funding provided by the TPF builds on existing field-building efforts by prioritizing the areas that are chronically underfunded, are best suited for collective action, and require additional support beyond that provided by individual grantmakers. Learn more at www.tpfii.org.