OverviewImpact Frontiers offers a guided do-it-yourself approach to support cohorts of investors in building their impact management practice
Participatory cohort-based programs support investors in establishing or improving their own practice of impact management and fully integrating impact into their investment frameworks, processes, and systems.
By participating in an Impact Frontiers cohort, organizations will:
- Develop a robust, right-sized, and customized impact management practice through interactive workshops and peer-to-peer collaborations
- Build an impact rating system that can be integrated with measures of financial risk and return at the individual investment and portfolio levels
- Gain exposure to a broad range of industry-leading practices and research in impact management through expert guest sessions
Benefits of Our program: Impact for Decision Making
Improve your practices and performance
- Build an integrated approach that breaks down silos across frameworks & tools
- Use your own data to create your own impact tools, working on the timeframe that suits your organization
- Integrate impact management into investment decision-making and portfolio construction to drive increased impact performance
Elevate the field
- Respond to the growing demand for impact measurement
- Make the case for impact
- Attract new capital and allocate capital to impact more effectively and efficiently
- Raise the bar through peer sharing and feedback
We offer the following programs:
Strengthening Impact Management
This 12 month-program supports investors in laying the foundations of an impact management practice before proceeding to an accelerated sequence on impact-financial integration. This program is delivered in partnership with the Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.
In addition to the core workshops, cohort members will get access to:
- Cohort websites where participants can find all of the presentations, worksheets, session videos, and links to external resources relevant to their cohort
- Dropbox folder of templates and tools shared by other Impact Frontiers participants
- Networking and cross-cohort collaboration opportunities
- Lifetime access to all future Impact Frontiers resources, workshops, and events
- Guest expert speakers series on innovations/innovative practices in impact management open to all cohort members and alumni. Recent speakers include: Veronica Olazabal (President, American Evaluation Association), Jane Reisman (Founder, ORS Impact), John Sherman (Co-founder, pfc Social Impact Advisors), and Loic Watine (Right-Fit Evidence Unit, Innovations for Poverty Action).
- Capstone Presentations (Months 13-18): Following the conclusion of the program, participants will have a six-month window to present and receive feedback from peers and facilitators on the impact management processes they develop over the course of the program.
How we deliver our program
Impact Frontiers co-convenes cohorts with industry associations and networks, to build their capacity to train investors on impact management more independently in the future.
Total number of investment funds participated in our cohort:
Industry associations we work with: