DATE: January 22, 2024
STATUS: Open for public comment
In 2023, Impact Frontiers set out to investigate the current state of practice in impact-driven portfolio construction and optimization across asset classes. With support from the Tipping Point Fund on Impact Investing, we interviewed over 30 leading investors and reviewed dozens of industry and academic publications related to this topic, and published a discussion document presenting the main findings.
The document also serves as an introduction to a series of case studies spotlighting novel practices developed by individual investors incorporating impact into asset class allocation. The aims of this series are:
- to inspire asset owners and allocators to consider impact not only in manager and security selection, but also in the determination of their asset allocation; and,
- to provide examples of how leading investors are already doing so.
In 2024 we plan on publishing these case studies on this page.
There is also a discussion board on this topic, where we invite investors to share:
- Any reactions to the discussion document
- Their own thoughts on, and experiences with, impact-driven portfolio construction and optimization across asset classes
- Any resources on these topics that were not included in the discussion document