How it Works
Build your approach using a structure provided by Impact Frontiers and mutual support from peer investors.
“We found a lot of value in the cohort model. The sequence of workshops consistently challenged me to think ahead to the next step as we built our new impact management approach. I gained an amazing set of peers to go to for technical questions on impact ratings and how to build consensus with our internal team and board.”
- Safe forum in which leading investors can experiment with new approaches, learn from peers, and advance shared goals
- 100% confidential – all workshops are held under Chatham House Rules and materials you share will be kept confidential under NDA
- Carefully selected field-building partners will also participate in the design and delivery of group interactions, and will be expected to honor our rules of engagement
- Direct engagement of Impact Frontiers with each investor partner. Impact Frontiers will participate in the design and delivery of all group interactions
- Engage with other cohorts across regions and asset classes and lean on a global network of leading investors addressing similar challenges
- Incorporate relevant practices and tips generated across all Impact Frontiers cohorts
- Advance the state of practice in the sector
- Access best-in class support through webinars, workshops and working groups
We are often asked about our role, how we work, and what we offer. We’ve collected some of the top questions here:
No. We help you better understand and implement existing impact frameworks and standards, and integrate them alongside the financial considerations you also manage.
- Which investments or loans create more or less impact and how do we know?
- How can we communicate the financial and impact performance of portfolios in a more integrated way?
- Which types of impact increase risk-adjusted financial returns; which require a financial concession; and which have no relationship with financial performance?
- Which investments or loans make more or less money?
- How can we use insights about impact and profitability to inform decision-making on individual investments, and to improve the impact and/or the financial performance of the portfolio as a whole?
- Which asset managers offer the greatest positive impact?
- How can we better understand asset managers’ impact and support them in improving it?
- How can impact inform capital allocations within and across asset classes?
- How can we aggregate and communicate the impact performance of multi-asset class portfolios?
There is no expectation. We won’t push you to a model that you don’t want. We are here to help you achieve your organization’s goals.
You are not expected to share confidential information, either impact or financial.
- Stakeholder feedback
- Impact management for equity (gender, racial, other)
- Measuring and managing investor contribution
- Impact risk
- Navigating and implementing existing principles and standards
- Avoiding and mitigating negative impacts; ESG and screening-based approaches
- Additional themes selected based on investor interest
We do not provide consulting services, but are happy to provide referrals.
Several consulting firms support investors in developing custom approaches to impact management and can also provide support on impact-financial integration. Impact Frontiers does not provide consulting services, nor do we have partnerships with consulting firms. However, we are happy to have a conversation to learn more about your needs and provide suggestions. We hear from investors that our longer-term investor cohorts are complementary to short-term, targeted consulting engagements, and that investors can benefit from both.
No matter where you are, there are steps you can take. Learn more here.